Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Location Scouting

I have a shoot coming up in a few weeks and I have been doing some heavy location scouting. It has been an interesting process so far. Typically for my shoots, I don't do a ton of scouting. Sometimes it works out, but I also find myself not as organized and weeding through a lot of bad photos during the editing process that probably could have been avoided had I scouted. I am really invested in the upcoming shoot and find myself turning a corner with pre-production. I have been taking a lot of photos and most of them have not been so hot and that's okay because this is the time for me to get my bearings before the shoot happens. Its a new process and one that makes me a more grown-up photog. The above photo is one that I took the other day during scouting. I was really able to analyze this one (and other from the same set) and came to the conclusion that I need to consider other locations. I am so happy to have come to this conclusion now and not during the shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment