Saturday, March 21, 2009

hotel shoot

This is my first official blog.  I have been thinking a long time about starting a blog, but have to admit I had some hesitations, primarily that a blog might take time away from my photography and make me even more codependent on the Internet.  After some consideration though, I decided it might be a good place to voice my thoughts about photography and where I think I am as an artist.  So with that said... let me begin with a few words about my most recent shoot.

I shot this past Thursday in the East Bay.  I am in the process of scanning film and will get it up on my website as soon as its ready.  I am very excited to see what comes out of this shoot.  As my model Cat pointed out, the hotel decor was so bad it was good.  Here is an image I took there while location scouting.  I am excited to see if the character of the hotel translates to the image.  Cat was fantastic to work with, very versatile and open to pushing some boundaries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment